Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage the working capital of the University by maintaining sufficient cash balances to meet the obligations of the University while preserving the investment principal and maximizing risk adjusted investment income within University guidelines.
- Manage temporary investments to maximize interest income within University guidelines while focusing on preservation of capital. Maximize investment return considering the lowest reasonable risk to insure adequate liquidity to meet current operating cash needs of the University.
- Allocate and distribute the investment income earned by the Temporary Cash Pool to appropriate university accounts in accordance with administrative guidelines.
- Record and report financial activities for fiscal year and build an infrastructure to support prompt and accurate reporting moving forward. Oversee the preparation of financial reports and monthly reconciliation as they relate to Cash Management Activities.
- Manage bank relationships and act as a Liaison between Operating Units of the University and Financial Institutions to insure that the University is aware of current technology improvements and secures financial services at competitive rates.
- Administer debt and debt related swaps and support debt issuance.