Chemicals, leaking gas, incendiary devices, or terrorist acts could all be the cause of life-endangering explosions. If you hear, see, or feel an explosion within your building call WSU Police Department at 577-2222.
If you hear or are a victim of an explosion:
- Remain calm.
- Call WSU Police Department at 577-2222 and describe what occurred and what you observed.
- Seek shelter under sturdy or heavy furniture, tables, or desk.
- Be prepared for the possibility of further explosions.
- If possible and it is safe to do so, or if ordered by WSU Police Department and/or Detroit Fire Department, evacuate area. SEE "EVACUATION" Section of this Guide for more information.
- Open door carefully and watch for falling objects. Stay away from windows, mirrors, overhead fixtures, filing cabinets, bookcases, electrical equipment and large, heavy unstable objects.
- Do not use elevators.
- Do not use matches or lighters.
- Do not move seriously injured persons unless they are in immediate life-threatening danger.